Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tell the Truth; Shame the Devil

I wish this post could be one that tells you that I have reached all of my weight loss goals and that I am looking and feeling greater than I ever have but if I did I would be lying. I have not lost weight and I am still indulging in eating poorly but this post is not me giving up it is a post of hope and determination. I think my failure has been going about this thing carnally out of my own strength but this weight is a spiritual as well as natural battle. Obesity hinders you from living life to the fullest. It effects how you feel and what you do. I recently went on a fast with my church and it was no red meats, pork, sugar, any drink except for water, and bread. I stayed the course for 21 days but the fast helped me realize how strong my flesh had become (spiritually). On the last day of the fast I put myself on a total fast. Fasting was something that I did in the past from time to time but I had stopped now it is very hard for me to fast. A while ago God told me if I just exercised and stopped drinking soda I would loose weight...I didn't. Then God told me to give up soda...I made it into a fast then stopped after a while. The last warning God gave me was that if I did not stop drinking the soda my kidneys would be damaged...that got my attention because before he told me I had began to feel a heaviness and pulling beneath my stomach. I am going on a week of no soda and I will continue to add disciplines. I want to live and live abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment